All I’ve ever wanted to do is travel the world. I’ve been to a few places, many trips were by myself. I don’t like waiting and I’ve learned from past mistakes, to never wait for somebody else. This may seem harsh, but it’s your life. Do what makes you happy and don’t wait.
Six years ago, I took matters in my own hands and booked a trip to Iceland. Why Iceland? It’s one of the most beautiful places you’ll ever see. Years before this, I read a National Geographic magazine and was obsessed. I’m a nature nut and told myself to make it happen. So when Seattle began offering directs flight to Reykjavik, I knew it was time. It was simple, get on that plane and go.
In June of 2010 I set off and landed on my 24th birthday. I spent it alone, but I was in a place I’d never been. There’s so many memories I have. Here are a few.
- Experience the beauty Iceland has to offer like the Gullfoss Waterfall
- Drinking Icelandic Beer
- Taking a shot out of a viking horn
- Whale watching
- Partying in the bar past 3 AM, only to get lost on my way to the hotel (I found it)
- Puffin Island- no outside visitors allowed
- I’m missing some others, but the country is gorgeous.
I’m happy I did it when I had the chance because there may never be another one. Besides, there are too many other places I need to conquer!
Tell me your travel experience or where you’d like to visit.